AARP Medicare Supplements are one of the more commonly held among the Medicare Supplement plans. As an organization that has a reputation as an advocate for seniors, AARP offers Medicare Supplements through a partner insurer, United Healthcare. These plans are the standardized Medicare Supplements, which are the same as are offered through all Medigap companies.
AARP Medicare Supplements – What Do They Plan Cover?
AARP Medicare Supplements provide the standardized Medigap coverage. There are several options to choose from (see below). To see a full chart that shows what all Medigap plans cover, see the Medigap coverage chart. So, what plans are available through AARP?
- AARP offers the Medigap Plan F, which is the most common and comprehensive Medigap plan.
- They also offer the newest Medigap plan, Plan N. This plan combines lower premiums with some “cost-sharing”.
- AARP also offers the Medigap Plan C, which is very similar to Plan F but is generally priced slightly lower.
NOTE: Not all plans are offered in all areas. Contact us to get a full run-down of what is offered in your specific state.
Who Are AARP Medicare Supplements Best For?
- People who want predictable out of pocket expenses that don’t change from year-to-year.
- People who want “full” coverage at the doctor/hospital with little, or no, out of pocket expenses (Plans C and F)
- People who cannot qualify for plans from other companies. AARP Medicare Supplements typically (in most places) have less stringent underwriting criteria.
- AARP Medicare Supplements are best for people in these certain situations:
AARP Medicare Supplements Sound Great, But What Is My Next Step?
- You can sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan (any plan) any time of the year. There are no special enrollment periods – this only applies to Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans. So, if AARP Medicare supplement insurance is a fit for you, you can sign up at any time. We recommend getting a full rate quote comparison of plans available for your age and zip code (from AARP and other companies), and as an independent agency, we can provide that information.
To get quotes on the plan or more information, go to AARP Medicare supplement quotes or you can reach us by phone toll-free at 877.506.3378.
We look forward to helping you compare plans and serving your Medicare Supplement insurance comparison needs.