Medigap Plan F is the most common and comprehensive Medicare Supplement plan. It covers everything that Medicare doesn’t cover at the doctor and hospital so that you do not have any out of pocket costs. For this reason, it is the most popular plan in most areas. It eliminates the need for you to pay the Medicare deductibles and co-pays and fully fills in Medicare’s “gaps”.
Medigap Plan F – What Does This Plan Cover?
Medigap Plan F covers the things not covered under Medicare Parts A & B. You do have to be enrolled in both parts of Medicare to sign up for any Medicare supplement, including Medicare Supplement Plan F. Here is a rundown of the “gaps” in Medicare that are filled by Medigap Plan F:
- Plan F pays the 20% that Medicare doesn’t cover at the doctor and hospital. This is called coinsurance and it is picked up entirely by the Plan F.
- Plan F also pays for the Medicare deductibles. For 2016, the Medicare Part A deductible is $1,288/year and the Part B deductible is $166/year.
- The Medigap Plan F covers the Part B Excess Charges. This occurs if a physician charges more than Medicare allows.
Who Is Medigap Plan F Best For?
- People who have some pre-existing conditions that require ongoing medication or treatment. In some cases, you will have to be underwritten when you apply for a Medicare supplement plan. However, if you are in an open enrollment period (i.e. turning 65) or guaranteed issue period (losing employer coverage, losing Medicare Advantage plan coverage, etc.), you are exempt from underwriting. And if you ARE in one of these periods and have pre-existing conditions, you should certainly look seriously at Plan F.
- People who like the freedom of not having any out of pocket co-pays at the doctor/hospital.
- People who like predictable medical expenses. You pay your monthly premium, then you don’t have any additional medical expenses.
- This plan is ideal for people in the following situations (and many other situations):
Medigap Plan F Is Just What I Need – What Is My Next Step?
- You can sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan (any plan) any time of the year. There are no special enrollment periods – this only applies to Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans. So, you can sign up for a Medigap Plan F right now. If you have a Plan F currently or another Medicare Supplement plan, switching over is easy to do. Plan F is a great Medigap option for predictable medical expenses and stability.
To get quotes on the plan or more information, go to Medigap Plan F quotes or you can reach us by phone toll-free at 877.506.3378.
We look forward to helping you compare plans and serving your Medicare Supplement insurance comparison needs.